Round three of £8k Elevate grant programme now open

Oxfordshire Business Support (OBS) has grant funding for Oxfordshire SMEs through its Elevate programme, and round three is now open for applications. You could be awarded a grant of £8,000 if eligible.

The grants are to fund activities and projects which will ultimately lead to business growth and job creation in Oxfordshire. There’s one for start-ups – defined as those businesses trading 12 months or less, and the other for growing businesses.


There are six competitive grant rounds, with 33 per cent of the total eligible project costs awarded, leaving the business to come up with 67 per cent.

Both schemes have a minimum grant value of £1,000, with the maximum for start ups £3,000 rising to £8,000 for growing businesses that have been operating over 12 months.

Be aware that grants cannot be used for retrospective purchases and a business can only receive one Elevate grant.

Who can apply?

Businesses with less than 250 employees or start-ups based in Oxfordshire that have sufficient funds for the match requirement. There are some sectors that are ineligible (due to funding being available from other sources – contact OBS for more details).

Some ideas as to what it can be used for

  • Coaching
  • Business consultancy
  • Website
  • Marketing collateral, branding and print
  • Marketing support, SEO and social media
  • Advertising
  • Recruitment costs
  • Business strategy
  • Market research
  • Patent search activities
  • Consultancy to support licencing and franchising
  • Exhibition costs (excludes travel and accommodation costs)
  • Succession planning

How to apply:

If you are already in touch with a Network Navigator from the OBS team or your District Navigator here at SO Business, then let them know you are interested in applying for the grant and they will talk you through the process.

If you haven’t previously been in contact and are interested in the grant programme then please visit the OBS website and download the guidance (under Resources at the bottom). If you would then like to apply – call 01865 897181 or email.

Please note applications will only be considered if you have accessed the process through one of the routes noted above.

Join SO Business on LinkedIn or Twitter to stay in touch, or connect with OBS on Facebook.