Do you have a project that will encourage more people to enjoy the river and canals in Oxfordshire, whilst supporting the rural economy? Are you interested in discussion cooperation with like minded others, which might lead to a joint grant applciation? Why not pop along to Oxfordshire LEADER’s information event to find out more.
The event is being held at South Oxfordshire District Council Offices, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, OX14 4SB, on Monday 3 July between 14:00 and 16:00.
Come along to find out more about LEADER funding and to have an informal discussion about your project. There will be a brief presentation and then time to discuss your projects and ideas.
Please email email@example.com or call 01235 422245 to confirm your attendance, or if you have any questions.
LEADER delivers European funding for rural development using a community-led approach. The scheme is part of the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE), managed nationally by the Rural Payments Agency (RPA) on behalf of Defra.
There are six national priorities for LEADER:
- To increase farm productivity
- To support micro and small businesses and farm diversification
- To boost rural tourism
- To provide rural services
- To provide cultural and heritage activities
- To increase forestry productivity
Oxfordshire LEADER is administered by a Programme Manager and an Admin and Finance Officer. Applications are reviewed by the Oxfordshire LAG every two months to make grant decisions. The team works closely with the RPA to ensure compliance with national and European requirements.
Oxfordshire LEADER are particularly interested in river and canal projects that will:
- Support tourism activities such as boat hire, cycling and walking tours, cafes or accommodation.
- Improve infrastructure such as access, moorings, launch points or river crossings.
- Create linkages between towns and villages to promote shared enterprise such as events, festivals or local services.
The event poster is available to download here, so please circulate amongst anyone who may be able to benefit.