What is the Early Stage Innovation Award?
The SVBA Early Stage Innovation Award is aimed at businesses based in South Oxfordshire or Vale of White Horse that are developing innovative technology, products or services.
What is early stage innovation?
For the award, we’re looking for companies that may not yet have commercialised their idea, so may be at research stage, grant funded or readying for launch.
You can apply here, entries close on 18 January 2018.
Who is sponsoring?
FOCUS Oxford Risk Management Ltd is a firm of Independent Insurance Consultants based at Botley’s Seacourt Tower.
In sponsoring the Early Stage Innovation Award, Commercial Insurance Director Paul Monaco commented:
“We have been assisting local businesses for over 25 years including a large number of scientific start up business which have emerged from the University of Oxford. We have always believed that it is important to support start-up and early stage companies and build long term relationships with them as they grow. We are therefore delighted to sponsor the Early Stage Innovation Award to show our continued support in this sector”.
Who won last year and why?
The Early Stage Innovation Award is new for 2019 and is to reflect the number of quality applications we received for our Innovation Award in 2018 from early stage businesses.
When squared against established companies, it was difficult for the judging team to assess businesses who were able to present amazing innovations and potential applications, but couldn’t yet demonstrate ongoing market potential.
This new award will recognise and highlight the potentially world changing ideas being developed in South and Vale.
If your business is working on an early stage, innovative product or service, apply now. You could:
- Raise the business profile with great local PR
- Increase team spirit
- Win more customers
- Attract and retain talented employees
- Form new partnerships with some of the best businesses in the area
- Appraise and analyse your company’s strengths and opportunities
- Applications close at Midnight on 18 January 2019.
- Finalists announced at Abingdon’s new Hilton Garden Inn on 1 February 2019.
- All finalists will be invited to the Awards Evening Ceremony to take place at Williams Conference Centre on 15 March 2019. Finalists receive 2 complimentary tickets to the awards ceremony that will involve welcome drinks in Sir Frank Williams private museum, fine dining and entertainment.