The SVBA Established Innovation Award is aimed at businesses based in South Oxfordshire or Vale of White Horse that have commercialised innovative technology, products or services.
Who can apply?
This award celebrates businesses that have developed innovative ideas, products and methods that can benefit society. To be considered, businesses must be actively selling an innovative product or service.
You can apply here, entries close on 18 January 2018.
Who is sponsoring the award?
MSC R&D provides a range of strategic R&D funding and business growth services to technology businesses. These include R&D Tax Relief, R&D Grant Funding, Non-Dilution Funding and Commercialisation.
On sponsoring the Established Innovation Award, Iain Gray, Business Growth & Partnership Manager of MSC R&D, said:
“We were delighted to sponsor the 2018 Innovation Award and jumped at the chance to continue to continue supporting the 2019 awards.
Oxfordshire is home to an amazing number of innovative technology companies of all sizes, across a wide range of sectors and technologies. These are the types of companies MSC R&D supports throughout the country in terms of R&D funding and commercialisation and it makes perfect sense, as we now have a growing presence in the area, to recognise the leading businesses in South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse.”
Who won last year and why?
MSC R&D applied a special process to evaluating the 2018 Innovation Award, assessing the applications at an R&D grant level standard. The Award was won by Harwell Campus based Oxford Space Systems who develop deployable antennas, carbon fibre boom systems and panel systems for satellites.
OSS can also claim to have achieved the space industry’s fastest full cycle hardware development – from material design to in-orbit demonstration in 30 months.
The business was recognised for its huge growth potential and the game changing technology it has been able to quickly develop for the space industry.
If your business has commercialised an innovative product or service, apply now. You could:
- Raise the business profile with great local PR
- Increase team spirit
- Win more customers
- Attract and retain talented employees
- Form new partnerships with some of the best businesses in the area
- Appraise and analyse your company’s strengths and opportunities
- Applications close at Midnight on 18 January 2019.
- Finalists announced at Abingdon’s new Hilton Garden Inn on 1 February 2019.
- All finalists will be invited to the Awards Evening Ceremony to take place at Williams Conference Centre on 15 March 2019. Finalists receive 2 complimentary tickets to the awards ceremony that will involve welcome drinks in Sir Frank Williams private museum, fine dining and entertainment.